Aug 13 , 2019
- Be yourself! If you tell people what you are dealing with, they’ll be there to support you.
- Talk to your school nurse. Let them support you manage your T1D in a way that works best for you.
- Bring low blood-sugar snacks–and don’t let your friends eat them, no matter how tasty they are. This is the one time it's ok not to share!
- Be prepared and have supplies ready for any situation. Find a special spot in your desk and/or backpack to keep your glucose gels easily accessible.
- Find a buddy to go to the nurse with you. Sometimes you’ll need assistance when experiences lows or highs, a buddy makes it safer. Plus it’s fun!