Dec 01 , 2017Diabetes Diabetic friendly recipe Recipe type 1 diabetes Type 1 Diabetes Management
Serve up this diabetic-friendly Apple and Caramel Bread Pudding at your holiday get togethers and have the whole crowd drooling!
- 1 second spritz vegetable oil cooking spray (to coat baking dish)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Better’n Eggs® liquid eggs
- 1 cup Earth Balance Vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 slices whole-grain bread or French bread, torn into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons almonds (whole or chopped)
- 4 tablespoons fat-free caramel topping, warmed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9-inch quiche dish or 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except bread, almonds and caramel topping with wire whisk until smooth. Fold in bread. Pour into quiche dish; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cut into wedges. Drizzle caramel topping over each serving.
Nutritional Information: 12,162 Calories, 743g Carbs, 903g Fat, 443g Protein, 3,342g Sodium, 209g Sugar
Per Serving: 1,520 Calories, 93g Carbs, 113g Fat, 55g Protein, 418g Sodium, 26g Sugar