Dec 01 , 2017Diabetes Diabetic friendly recipe Recipe type 1 diabetes Type 1 Diabetes Management
Feel rejuvenated this winter with this tasty, diabetic-friendly Asparagus Soup!
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 second spritz vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped herbs including mint, chives, parsley and thyme
- Preheat oven to broil. Clean asparagus by holding stalk in one hand and snapping off the bottom where it naturally breaks.
- Place cleaned asparagus on a sheet pan and spritz with vegetable oil spray. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Place asparagus and 3 1/2 cups water salt and pepper in blender. Blend till very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Soup can be served warm or cold. To serve portion soup and garnish with lemon zest and herbs.
Nutritional Information: 212 Calories, 40g Carbs, 1g Fat, 21g Protein, 748g Sodium, 18g Sugar
Per Serving: 35 Calories, 7g Carbs, 0g Fat, 4g Protein, 125g Sodium, 3g Sugar