Jun 04 , 2018Diabetes Diabetes Tips Diabetic friendly recipe Recipe type 1 diabetes Type 1 Diabetes Management
Fuel up this summer with this delicious, diabetic-friendly Avocado and Grilled Pepper Chicken Sandwich!
- 2 slices thin whole wheat bread (about 7 grams carbohydrate per slice)
- 1 teaspoon Hellmann’s canola cholesterol free Mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cooked chicken breast (grilled, poached, or broiled)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 medium slices (1/8 red onion, raw
- 1/3 Hass avocado skin and seed removed
- 2 medium slices tomato
- 1 leaves romaine lettuce
- Spread bread with mayonnaise, sprinkle pepper on chicken, and lay chicken on one slice of bread, top with red onion, avocado, and lettuce, and the other slice of bread.
33 Calories, 33g Carbs, 8g Fat, 23g Protein, 380g Sodium, 12g Sugar