Jun 04 , 2018Diabetes Diabetes Tips Diabetic friendly recipe Recipe type 1 diabetes Type 1 Diabetes Management
Change up your standard chicken routine with this delicious, spicy Chili-Grilled Chicken recipe!
- 1/3 cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 chicken breasts ( 4 oz each) boneless, skinless halves, lightly pounded
- Prepare barbecue grill or preheat broiler.
- In baking dish, combine tomato and lime juices, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, oil, oregano, chili powder, and cumin. Add chicken and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill over hot coals or broil 2 inches (5 cm) from heat until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes on each side.
568 Calories, 10g Carbs, 15g Fat, 89g Protein, 859g Sodium, 3g Sugar