Oct 01 , 2017Diabetes Diabetic friendly recipe Recipe type 1 diabetes Type 1 Diabetes Management
Start celebrating Halloween with this delicious and diabetic-friendly Rotisserie Chicken with Pumpkin and Herb Sauce!
4 cloves garlic
4 sprays vegetable oil cooking spray
2 cups Libby’s pumpkin puree
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped oregano
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped sage
16 ounces cooked rotisserie chicken without the skin (about 1 average sized chicken)
1 cup water
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Spray garlic with vegetable oil spray and cook till tender, for about 10 minutes.
3. Once garlic is cool enough to touch, peel off skin.
4. Combine garlic, pumpkin, onion, herbs (rosemary, sage, oregano) and 1 cup water in a pot and gently heat, for five minutes, stirring often.
5. Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with about 1/4 of the pumpkin sauce.
6. Bake for 5 minutes if chicken is warm or room temperature; 10 if chicken is cold.
7. Serve with the remaining warm herb sauce.